THE GOLD STANDARD FOR NON-INVASIVE LIFTING AND SKIN TIGHTENING.
A body of aesthetic physicians recently designated Ultherapy® a key foundation of aesthetic treatments and the Gold Standard for nonsurgical lifting and skin tightening, as published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology.
The Gold Standard Badge
To establish guidelines for optimizing microfocused ultrasound with visualization treatment, the consensus group analyzed a variety of factors including FDA-cleared indications, MOA, treatment personalization, the positioning of microfocused ultrasound within broader cosmetic practice, and safety.
Highlights of the Gold Standard designation include:
- A non-invasive option with a well-established safety profile, and efficacy supported by the largest body of clinical data currently available among nonsurgical skin lifting procedures.
- FDA-cleared to lift the skin of the brow, neck and under the chin, and improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the décolletage.
- Visualization both before and during treatment, a feature exclusive to Ultherapy, which enables precision targeting, patient customization, and enhanced comfort.
- Microfocused energy application that heats tissues to the optimal temperature for aggressive neocollagenesis.
How Ultherapy works
Ultherapy uses microfocused ultrasound with visualization to non-invasively treat the same deep tissue planes as a modern facelift. Similar to a magnifying glass focusing sunlight, ultrasound energy precisely targets dermal and subdermal tissues. Heat is generated only at the treatment site; intervening tissues and the skin’s surface are unaffected. Target tissue is heated to approximately 65°C, triggering immediate collagen denaturation and collagen synthesis. As part of body’s wound healing response, long-term collagen remodeling delivers a gradual, natural-looking lift. Results can last a year or more.
The Ultherapy system
Ultherapy is an integrated hardware-software technology. There are four main components:
- Touchscreen control unit for effective Ultherapy treatments: A 27” touchscreen display supports visualization of target tissues during consultation, planning, and treatment. Ultherapy Amplify™ software is clinically proven to increase patient comfort without impacting efficacy.
- Ultherapy handpiece for precise delivery of focused ultrasound energy
Handpiece: Ergonomically designed for precise control and reduction of grip fatigue during treatment, the handpiece works with six different Ultherapy ultrasound transducers.
- Ultrasound transducers used in Ultherapy device for skin tightening. Ultherapy’s patented DeepSEE® transducers provide simultaneous visualization and treatment. These multi-patient-use transducers treat at three separate depths—superficial dermis at 1.5mm, deep dermis at 3mm, and SMAS/platysma at 4.5mm. Tissues may be visualized with collimated ultrasound to 8mm.3,8,9
- Ultherapy cart for portable non-invasive skin tightening treatment. A smartly designed wheeled cart makes the Ultherapy system easy to use and transport, and includes storage for all components.