Thermage FLX CONSUMABLES & RECERTIFICATION
Consumables Required: Tips
- Can Consumables be purchased from an outside source? YES. Rock Bottom Lasers is a distributor of FLX tips.
Cost Per Tip = $725
- Does the manufacturer Solta Thermage charge the new owner a ONE TIME equipment RECERTIFICATION FEE for the purchase of consumables and service? Yes, however, we do not recommend that you pay for recertification. Tips and service can be obtained through outside sources.
- Solta Thermage Recertification Fee Cost: @$35,000
- Can Consumables be purchased from an outside source? Yes. Rock Bottom Lasers is a distributor of FLX tips.
- Can service be obtained from an outside source? Yes. Rock Bottom Lasers can refer a technician to you for service.
Information updated: 03/2022
Thermage FLX PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
Laser Type: Radio Frequency
TOTAL TIP 4.0 cm2 – Up to 25% faster than Total Tip 3.0 cm2. Uses precise heating to address lines and wrinkles.
TOTAL TIP 3.0 cm2 – Uses precise heating to address lines and wrinkles.
EYE TIP 0.25 cm2 – Uses precise, shallow heating to address wrinkles around the periorbital area and/or the eyelid itself.
BODY TIP 16.0 cm2 – Offers vibration enhancements to help aid in patient comfort.
Heating Method: Monopolar Heat Delivery
Coupling: Capacitive Coupling
Energy Output: RF generator Up to 400 watts at 6.78 MHz.
Thermage FLX MANUFACTURER NOTES
THE THERMAGE® FLX SYSTEM
Non-invasive radiofrequency (RF) therapy for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles and rhytids including the upper and lower eyelids, non-invasive treatment of wrinkles and rhytids and temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
What’s Different About the Thermage FLX System?
25% FASTER TREATMENTS
The Total Tip 4.0 cm2 provides greater surface area coverage than the Total Tip 3.0 cm2.
OPTIMIZED ENERGY DELIVERY
AccuREPTM technology allows for automatic calibration.
Vibration elements are integrated with cooling blasts to help aid in patient comfort.
Consistent treatment from head to toe without the need to interchange any handpieces.
Large touchscreen with user-friendly interface.
ADDRESS THE VISIBLE SIGNS OF AGING IN MINUTES
The Thermage® system is a non-invasive radiofrequency (RF) therapy that can help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger-looking appearance.
No Surgery or Injections
Thermage® is non-invasive – no cutting, no needles.
A Single Treatment
One quick treatment (30 to 90 minutes depending on the treatment area) can deliver outstanding results for most patients.
Integrated cooling with pulsed RF and vibration to aid in patient comfort.
Little to No Downtime
Go right back to life as usual –no need to miss work or fun.
Results improve over time and can be long lasting.
Multiple Treatment Areas
Treats wrinkles and loose skin on the face, around the eyes and on the body.
What is Thermage FLX?
Thermage FLX is the state-of-art, fourth-generation system for non-invasive skin tightening from Solta Medical, a global leader in the aesthetic industry in laser and energy-based devices. Thermage FLX optimizes the use of radiofrequency energy to induce skin tightening and new collagen formation. Compared to previous generations of Thermage as well as many other tightening devices on the market, Thermage FLX provides better results and more comfort during treatment with its innovative system of energy delivery and comfort pulse technology.
How Does It Work?
Loss of healthy collagen and elastic fibers in the skin contribute to the loss of skin thickness, strength, tone, and resilience. The youthful contours slowly change over the years, and skin laxity and sagging develop. Thermage FLX effectively delivers radiofrequency energy to the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate the skin to produce new, healthy collagen over the months following treatment. Thermage FLX also tightens the existing collagen, giving immediate improvement in contours and tissue tone in many patients.
- As we age, the collagen that keeps skin firm breaks down, resulting in sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Thermage® FLX uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen-rich layers of the skin, while the tip vibrates and cools the surface to help aid in patient comfort.
- The applied heat separates the water molecules from the fibrous collagen, causing an immediate contraction, resulting in skin tightening.
- This helps create smoother skin after just one treatment with results that continue to improve.
- Over the next few months, the secondary healing response continues as collagen is deposited and remodeled.
What Areas Can Be Treated with Thermage FLX?
Since every individual has a unique set of problem areas to be treated, including asymmetry of right and left sides of the face and/or body, we customize every treatment and use a technique that includes “lifting vectors” to optimize results.
- Upper Face – improve skin thickness and create subtle lifting of the brows; we customize the treatment to enhance the symmetry between the right and left brows.
- Eyelids – improve skin texture and, in some patients, achieve modest lift.
- Lower Face, Neck – tighten skin and soften the appearance of the facial folds (nasal folds, “marionette lines”); enhance the jawline to create a more youthful contour.
- Body – improve skin thickness and tighten skin.
Who is a Good Candidate for Thermage FLX?
Since Thermage FLX uses radiofrequency energy, it can be used safely on any skin color. The patients who respond best are those with mild to moderate skin laxity and mild sun damage. The degree of skin laxity and photoaging are key determinants of an individual’s response. With Thermage FLX, a person’s age is less important than with previous devices; for example, a person who is older than 65 years with a small degree of skin damage and laxity may see nice improvement.
How Long Does Thermage FLX Treatment Take?
Depending on your individual plan (size of area(s), location), the Thermage FLX session can last 30 to 90 minutes.
Are There Side Effects of Thermage FLX? When Can I Resume My Normal Activities?
Most patients experience little to no adverse effects and resume their normal activities immediately. Occasionally, some minor swelling or redness may occur and typically resolves within 24 hours. If you notice anything unusual or have any concerns after your procedure, contact your dermatologist right away.
How Soon Will I See Results?
Some patients see improvement in the appearance of their skin immediately following their Thermage FLX session, but the majority of improvement (increased skin thickness, tissue tightening) will continue for up to six months after treatment. Even if you’re in the 8 to 10% of patients who don’t see noticeable changes in appearance immediately after Thermage FLX treatment, the radiofrequency energy stimulates new collagen that benefits the skin.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
For most patients, a single Thermage FLX treatment provides the desired benefit. Occasionally, patients will do a second session 6 or more months after the first.
How Long Will Results Last?
The benefits from a given Thermage FLX treatment are long-lasting, however, the aging process continues. Some patients may choose to periodically “boost” their skin with a Thermage FLX treatment. To optimize the health of your skin and reduce the rate at which it ages, our dermatologists can provide you with an individualized skincare regimen.
Does it hurt?
The Thermage® FLX system incorporates vibration on the face and body treatments, which has been shown to help aid in patient comfort.
You’ll feel a brief heating sensation when the treatment device’s tip touches your skin, followed by a cooling sensation to help protect your skin and minimize any discomfort.
Are there common side effects?
Some patients have temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment, but this usually goes away within 24 hours.
Thermage FLX Before & After Images