WAL applicator: 1 box = 5 pcs, sterile, single use for 15, 25, 30 cm cannulas;
Suction Bag, 3 liters: 1 box = 24 pcs, single use;
Hydrophobe aspirate filter, complete set: 1 pc, serves as overflow protection; replace as needed, includes tubing;
Hydrophobe aspirate filter: 1 box = 10 pcs, serves as overflow protection – replace as needed;
Where Can Disposables be Purchased? Carestream America, 855-892-3872
BodyJet PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
Type: Water-Jet Assisted Liposuction;
BodyJet MANUFACTURER NOTES
The transformative power of water
Just as rivers and streams can reshape our natural environment, so can the power of water be harnessed to sculpt and shape the body. Using a fan-shaped laminar jet, the body-jet simultaneously irrigates and aspirates fatty tissue. The gentle separation of fat cells from connective tissue minimizes trauma to the patient. At the same time, significantly less infiltration fluid is needed with the WAL procedure as compared to traditional methods, helping to reduce exposure to tumescent fluid, minimize swelling, allow real-time precise contouring, and dramatically shorten procedure times. For more information about the WAL procedure, click here.
The body-jet offers significant advantages for physicians and patients.
- Spares surrounding tissue
- Minimizes trauma for patient
- No general anesthesia required
- Minimizes bleeding, bruising and swelling
- Minimizes patient risk
- Minimizes exposure to tumescent fluid
- 70% less TLA infiltration fluid needed
- No bloating – gives excellent intra-operative view for precise real-time contouring
- Low correction rate
- Shorter procedure
- Easy fat removal
- Gentle removal helps protect fat for subsequent autologous fat transfer
- Minimal patient discomfort
- Fast patient recovery
There is not a lot trauma with the Body-Jet Water Assisted Liposuction System, as the water gently removes the fat cells. As a result, there is less swelling and bruising, so recovery is faster. Most patients are able to return to regular activities within 2 days. With traditional lipo the cannula is moved back and forth to break up the fat cells, and the force creates significantly more trauma, resulting in a longer downtime.
The gentle removal of the fat with water-assisted lipo keeps it in-tact, and this makes it better suited for re-injection as part of a fat transfer procedure. Some doctors combine body jet lipo with procedures such as facial rejuvenation using fat grafts. There is less risk associated with body jet liposuction, as patients are usually given mild anesthesia, compared to general anesthesia for traditional lipo.
The body-jet system includes:
- Sterile applicator systems (disposable)
- Infiltration cannulas (able to re-sterilize)
- Irrigation and aspiration cannulas (able to re-sterilize)
- Suction bags (3 liter, disposable)